Being with, listening to and supporting
farming and rural people in their daily lives
The Rural Chaplaincy works with all sorts of problems, such as isolation, rural poverty, problems with TB, health issues and many more.
The chaplains don't just help with farming matters, but with all rural issues across the board.
Did you know that farming has the highest suicide rate of any male occupation in the UK?
Did you also know that around 56% of rural people have issues brought on just by living in the countryside?
Talk to one of our Rural Chaplains now as they may well be able to help, or at least put you in touch with someone who can.
The Deanery Chaplaincy exists to:
* Be with and listen to farming and rural people in their daily lives.
* To help combat the effects of isolation and address rural disadvantage and need.
* To help, encourage and support those farms experiencing losses through disease.
* To improve services in rural areas by supporting community development.
* To challenge and inform those in positions of authority, particularly statutory service providers, of major issues affecting the quality of life in rural areas.
The Rural Chaplains are there to help. Phone 01963 23570
Download the Down to Earth Newsletter
Click on the 'Down to Earth' title to download. The latest issue only is readable on screen
- Rev Tony Gilbert
- The Rectory, Church Road
- DT9 6QE